Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.25 meters/second, 1613.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.5"||1002.63 mi||West||0° 11' 28.5"||13.14 mi||North||1002.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 07.8"||824.15 mi||East||4° 33' 36.7"||313.32 mi||North||881.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tefé||Tue 9:44 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||S|
|Manaus||Tue 9:44 PM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||ESE|
|Boa Vista||Tue 9:44 PM||657 km||409 miles||355 nm||NE|
|Mitú||Tue 8:44 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Tue 9:14 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Iquitos||Tue 8:44 PM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||WSW|
|Rio Branco||Tue 9:44 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Tue 9:44 PM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||NE|
|Bogota||Tue 8:44 PM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 10:44 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.