Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.06 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.0"||1000.02 mi||west||0° 10' 56.8"||12.54 mi||north||999.96 mi|
|24 hours||348° 10' 19.6"||815.34 mi||west||4° 11' 38.9"||288.23 mi||north||861.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Thu 11:12 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:12 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Thu 11:12 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 10:12 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:12 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Thu 11:12 PM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:12 PM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 10:12 PM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:12 PM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:12 AM||2640 km||1640 miles||1425 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.