Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.22 meters/second, 1606.4 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.2"||998.07 mi||West||0° 10' 43.0"||12.27 mi||North||997.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 52.6"||813.97 mi||East||4° 04' 31.1"||280.06 mi||North||857.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 11:08 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||N|
|Colombo||Thu 11:08 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||ENE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 11:08 PM||386 km||240 miles||209 nm||ENE|
|Male||Thu 10:38 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 10:38 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||W|
|Kochi||Thu 11:08 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||N|
|Theni||Thu 11:08 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|Madurai||Thu 11:08 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NNE|
|Kandy||Thu 11:08 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||ENE|
|Coimbatore||Thu 11:08 PM||560 km||348 miles||303 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.