Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.29 meters/second, 1603.0 kilometres/hour, 996.1 miles/hour or 865.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.3"||995.97 mi||West||0° 10' 28.0"||11.99 mi||North||995.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 19.9"||812.79 mi||East||3° 57' 04.4"||271.55 mi||North||853.07 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kakata||Thu 11:38 PM||56 km||35 miles||30 nm||SSE|
|Monrovia||Thu 11:38 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||SSW|
|Gbarnga||Thu 11:38 PM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||E|
|Kenema||Thu 11:38 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||NW|
|Bo||Thu 11:38 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NW|
|Koidu||Thu 11:38 PM||187 km||117 miles||101 nm||NNW|
|Nzérékoré||Thu 11:38 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||ENE|
|Makeni||Thu 11:38 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||NW|
|Man||Thu 11:38 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||E|
|Freetown||Thu 11:38 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.