Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 12:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.12 meters/second, 1602.4 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.2"||995.59 mi||West||0° 10' 25.3"||11.94 mi||North||995.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 25.9"||812.59 mi||East||3° 55' 45.8"||270.05 mi||North||852.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 11:38 PM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||N|
|Banjul||Fri 12:38 AM||1153 km||716 miles||623 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Fri 12:38 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Fri 12:38 AM||1170 km||727 miles||631 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Fri 12:38 AM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||ENE|
|Freetown||Fri 12:38 AM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Fri 12:38 AM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Fri 12:38 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Thu 9:38 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||SW|
|Bamako||Fri 12:38 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.