Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 10:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 10:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.25 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.5"||991.40 mi||West||0° 09' 55.4"||11.37 mi||North||991.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 40.7"||810.62 mi||East||3° 41' 35.6"||253.84 mi||North||845.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 10:38 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:38 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:38 AM||1898 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:38 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:38 PM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:38 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1120 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:38 PM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 11:38 PM||2272 km||1412 miles||1227 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 12:38 AM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||S|
|Yaren||Fri 10:38 PM||2757 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.