Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 18, 2013 at 10:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 10:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.25 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.5"||991.39 mi||west||0° 09' 55.4"||11.37 mi||north||991.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 41.0"||810.62 mi||east||3° 41' 33.9"||253.81 mi||north||844.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 10:38 PM||1179 km||732 miles||636 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 12:38 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:38 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:38 PM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 10:38 PM||2022 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 10:38 PM||2044 km||1270 miles||1104 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 10:38 PM||2247 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 11:38 PM||2262 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 12:38 AM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||S|
|Yaren||Fri 10:38 PM||2729 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.