Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.09 meters/second, 1595.1 km/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.3"||991.02 mi||West||0° 09' 52.7"||11.32 mi||North||990.86 mi|
|24 hours||348° 08' 11.7"||810.46 mi||West||3° 40' 19.7"||252.40 mi||North||844.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Fri 11:28 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:28 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:28 PM||1163 km||722 miles||628 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 11:28 PM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 11:28 PM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:28 PM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||S|
|Palikir||Fri 10:28 PM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||W|
|Midway||Fri 12:28 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:28 AM||2369 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Sat 1:28 AM||2777 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.