Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 12:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.85 meters/second, 1594.2 km/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.1"||990.48 mi||West||0° 09' 48.9"||11.24 mi||North||990.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 58.7"||810.22 mi||East||3° 38' 32.3"||250.35 mi||North||843.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Fri 11:38 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 11:38 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 12:38 AM||1177 km||731 miles||636 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 12:38 AM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Sat 12:38 AM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:38 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:38 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 11:38 PM||2066 km||1284 miles||1115 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Fri 10:38 PM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 9:38 PM||2592 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.