Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 5:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 17:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.82 meters/second, 1590.5 km/hour, 988.3 miles/hour or 858.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.6"||988.17 mi||West||0° 09' 32.2"||10.92 mi||North||987.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 44.7"||809.23 mi||East||3° 30' 51.8"||241.57 mi||North||839.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Fri 10:58 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||NE|
|Banda Aceh||Sat 12:28 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Fri 11:58 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||NE|
|Medan||Sat 12:28 AM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||SE|
|Bangkok||Sat 12:28 AM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||ENE|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 10:58 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||NW|
|Chennai||Fri 10:58 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||WNW|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 11:58 PM||1219 km||758 miles||658 nm||NNE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 10:58 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||WSW|
|Colombo||Fri 10:58 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.