Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.89 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.1"||986.09 mi||West||0° 09' 17.0"||10.63 mi||North||985.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 26.4"||808.33 mi||East||3° 23' 56.0"||233.64 mi||North||836.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malakal||Sat 12:38 AM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 12:38 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||N|
|Kosti||Sat 12:38 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||NE|
|Wau||Sat 12:38 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SW|
|Khartoum||Sat 12:38 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||NNE|
|Al-Fashir||Sat 12:38 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||WNW|
|Juba||Sat 12:38 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SSE|
|Yambio||Sat 12:38 AM||707 km||440 miles||382 nm||SSW|
|Bahir Dar||Sat 12:38 AM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||E|
|Gondar||Sat 12:38 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.