Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.66 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.7 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.8"||985.58 mi||West||0° 09' 13.2"||10.56 mi||North||985.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 36.6"||808.11 mi||East||3° 22' 13.7"||231.69 mi||North||835.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ndjamena||Fri 11:38 PM||168 km||104 miles||90 nm||NNW|
|Maroua||Fri 11:38 PM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||W|
|Moundou||Fri 11:38 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||S|
|Maiduguri||Fri 11:38 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Garoua||Fri 11:38 PM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||WSW|
|Moussoro||Fri 11:38 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNE|
|Sarh||Fri 11:38 PM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||ESE|
|Mongo||Fri 11:38 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||ENE|
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 11:38 PM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||SSW|
|Bozoum||Fri 11:38 PM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.