Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.39 meters/second, 1585.4 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.3"||984.97 mi||West||0° 09' 08.7"||10.48 mi||North||984.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 48.6"||807.85 mi||East||3° 20' 13.1"||229.39 mi||North||834.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouagadougou||Fri 11:48 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||NNW|
|Tamale||Fri 11:48 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||S|
|Mango||Fri 11:48 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||ESE|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 11:48 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NE|
|Koudougou||Fri 11:48 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NW|
|Natitingou||Sat 12:48 AM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||ESE|
|Kara||Fri 11:48 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||ESE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 11:48 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNW|
|Sokodé||Fri 11:48 PM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||SE|
|Djougou||Sat 12:48 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.