Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.35 meters/second, 1585.3 km/hour, 985.0 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.3"||984.89 mi||West||0° 09' 08.1"||10.46 mi||North||984.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 50.4"||807.82 mi||East||3° 19' 55.8"||229.06 mi||North||834.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 11:58 PM||89 km||55 miles||48 nm||WNW|
|Dédougou||Fri 11:58 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||N|
|Koudougou||Fri 11:58 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Sikasso||Fri 11:58 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||W|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 11:58 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||NE|
|Koutiala||Fri 11:58 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||NW|
|Korhogo||Fri 11:58 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||SW|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 11:58 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NNE|
|Dabakala||Fri 11:58 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SSW|
|Tamale||Fri 11:58 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.