Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 05:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.06 meters/second, 1580.6 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.0"||981.99 mi||West||0° 08' 46.1"||10.05 mi||North||981.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 46.8"||806.54 mi||East||3° 10' 09.7"||217.88 mi||North||830.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Andrés||Sat 12:28 AM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||ENE|
|Limón||Fri 11:28 PM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||S|
|Alajuela||Fri 11:28 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||SSW|
|San Jose||Fri 11:28 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||SSW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Fri 11:28 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||N|
|Masaya||Fri 11:28 PM||308 km||192 miles||167 nm||W|
|Matagalpa||Fri 11:28 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Fri 11:28 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||W|
|David||Sat 12:28 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|León||Fri 11:28 PM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.