Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 05:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.02 meters/second, 1580.5 km/hour, 982.1 miles/hour or 853.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.0"||981.90 mi||West||0° 08' 45.3"||10.03 mi||North||981.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 48.6"||806.50 mi||East||3° 09' 51.6"||217.53 mi||North||830.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Masaya||Fri 11:38 PM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Fri 11:38 PM||70 km||43 miles||38 nm||WNW|
|Matagalpa||Fri 11:38 PM||120 km||74 miles||65 nm||NNW|
|Liberia||Fri 11:38 PM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||S|
|León||Fri 11:38 PM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||WNW|
|Alajuela||Fri 11:38 PM||260 km||162 miles||141 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Fri 11:38 PM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||SE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 11:38 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNW|
|San Miguel||Fri 11:38 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||NW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Fri 11:38 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.