Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 05:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.98 meters/second, 1580.3 km/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.8"||981.81 mi||West||0° 08' 44.6"||10.02 mi||North||981.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 50.2"||806.46 mi||East||3° 09' 33.3"||217.19 mi||North||830.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|León||Fri 11:48 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Fri 11:48 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||N|
|Managua||Fri 11:48 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||E|
|San Vicente||Fri 11:48 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||NNW|
|Masaya||Fri 11:48 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Fri 11:48 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 11:48 PM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||NNE|
|Matagalpa||Fri 11:48 PM||264 km||164 miles||142 nm||ENE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 11:48 PM||281 km||174 miles||151 nm||NW|
|Escuintla||Fri 11:48 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.