Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.82 meters/second, 1576.2 km/hour, 979.4 miles/hour or 851.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.7"||979.20 mi||West||0° 08' 24.3"||9.63 mi||North||978.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 38.5"||805.26 mi||East||3° 00' 35.5"||206.92 mi||North||826.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 12:38 AM||966 km||601 miles||522 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:38 AM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:38 PM||2438 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Fri 11:38 PM||2637 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 11:38 PM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:38 AM||3283 km||2040 miles||1772 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 10:38 PM||3388 km||2105 miles||1829 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:38 PM||3407 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 10:38 PM||3420 km||2125 miles||1846 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 12:38 AM||3464 km||2153 miles||1871 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.