Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 11:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 11:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.62 meters/second, 1575.4 km/hour, 978.9 miles/hour or 850.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.4"||978.75 mi||West||0° 08' 20.7"||9.56 mi||North||978.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 46.6"||805.04 mi||East||2° 59' 00.8"||205.12 mi||North||825.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 11:28 PM||1543 km||958 miles||833 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:28 AM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:28 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sat 12:28 AM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 11:28 PM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:28 PM||2225 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:28 AM||2442 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sat 11:28 PM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:28 PM||2619 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 11:28 PM||2911 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.