Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.58 meters/second, 1575.3 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.4"||978.65 mi||West||0° 08' 20.0"||9.55 mi||North||978.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 48.3"||805.00 mi||East||2° 58' 41.8"||204.76 mi||North||825.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 11:38 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 12:38 AM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:38 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 11:38 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:38 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:38 AM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 11:38 PM||2323 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:38 AM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:38 PM||2514 km||1562 miles||1358 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 11:38 PM||2685 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.