Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.33 meters/second, 1574.4 km/hour, 978.3 miles/hour or 850.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.30 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||978.10 mi||west||0° 08' 15.5"||9.46 mi||north||977.87 mi|
|24 hours||348° 04' 01.9"||804.73 mi||west||2° 56' 45.3"||202.53 mi||north||824.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 12:38 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 12:38 AM||947 km||589 miles||511 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:38 AM||1268 km||788 miles||684 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sun 12:38 AM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 11:38 PM||1705 km||1059 miles||920 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:38 AM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sat 1:38 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:38 AM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:38 PM||2830 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:38 PM||3009 km||1869 miles||1625 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.