Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.33 meters/second, 1574.4 km/hour, 978.3 miles/hour or 850.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||978.11 mi||West||0° 08' 15.7"||9.46 mi||North||977.88 mi|
|24 hours||348° 04' 02.1"||804.74 mi||West||2° 56' 47.3"||202.57 mi||North||824.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 12:38 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 12:38 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sun 12:38 AM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sun 12:38 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 11:38 PM||1732 km||1076 miles||935 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:38 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sat 1:38 AM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sun 12:38 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:38 PM||2845 km||1768 miles||1536 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:38 AM||3030 km||1883 miles||1636 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.