Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.11 meters/second, 1570.0 km/hour, 975.6 miles/hour or 847.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.7"||975.37 mi||West||0° 07' 53.2"||9.04 mi||North||975.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 43.3"||803.37 mi||East||2° 47' 03.8"||191.44 mi||North||820.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bangkok||Sun 12:38 AM||32 km||20 miles||17 nm||NE|
|Pattaya||Sun 12:38 AM||97 km||60 miles||52 nm||SE|
|Hua Hin||Sun 12:38 AM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||SSW|
|Dawei||Sun 12:08 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||WNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sun 12:38 AM||240 km||149 miles||129 nm||N|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sun 12:38 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NE|
|Battambang||Sun 12:38 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||E|
|Siem Reap||Sun 12:38 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||E|
|Khon Kaen||Sun 12:38 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||NE|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 12:08 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.