Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.89 meters/second, 1565.6 kilometres/hour, 972.8 miles/hour or 845.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.6"||972.63 mi||West||0° 07' 29.8"||8.59 mi||North||972.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 23.4"||801.89 mi||East||2° 37' 02.5"||179.96 mi||North||817.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Sun 1:38 AM||266 km||165 miles||143 nm||WSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sun 1:38 AM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||ESE|
|Khartoum||Sun 1:38 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||ENE|
|Kosti||Sun 1:38 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||ESE|
|Malakal||Sun 1:38 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||SE|
|Wau||Sun 1:38 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||S|
|Abéché||Sat 11:38 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||W|
|Kassala||Sun 1:38 AM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||E|
|Teseney||Sun 1:38 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||E|
|Faya-Largeau||Sat 11:38 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.