Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.65 meters/second, 1564.7 km/hour, 972.3 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.1"||972.08 mi||West||0° 07' 25.1"||8.50 mi||North||971.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 30.7"||801.59 mi||East||2° 35' 00.3"||177.63 mi||North||816.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maiduguri||Sun 12:38 AM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||S|
|Ndjamena||Sun 12:38 AM||313 km||194 miles||169 nm||SE|
|Moussoro||Sun 12:38 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||ESE|
|Maroua||Sun 12:38 AM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||SSE|
|Zinder||Sun 12:38 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||W|
|Garoua||Sun 12:38 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||S|
|Kano||Sun 12:38 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||WSW|
|Jalingo||Sun 12:38 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||SSW|
|Mongo||Sun 12:38 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Sun 12:38 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.