Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 12:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.41 meters/second, 1563.9 km/hour, 971.7 miles/hour or 844.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 09.6"||971.54 mi||West||0° 07' 20.2"||8.41 mi||North||971.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 37.6"||801.28 mi||East||2° 32' 57.5"||175.29 mi||North||815.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Sun 12:38 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||ESE|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 12:38 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||SW|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 12:38 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sun 12:38 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Sun 12:38 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||SSE|
|Timbuktu||Sun 12:38 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NW|
|Niamey||Sun 1:38 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sun 12:38 AM||488 km||303 miles||263 nm||SW|
|Mango||Sun 12:38 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sun 12:38 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.