Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.80 meters/second, 1554.5 km/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.10 mi||west||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||north||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.8"||965.69 mi||west||0° 06' 25.5"||7.36 mi||north||965.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 32.6"||797.54 mi||east||2° 09' 48.7"||148.78 mi||north||806.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 1:38 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:38 AM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 12:38 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:38 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1313 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:38 AM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 11:38 PM||3196 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:38 PM||3283 km||2040 miles||1773 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:38 PM||3470 km||2156 miles||1873 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 11:38 PM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Mon 1:38 AM||3483 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.