Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.80 meters/second, 1554.5 km/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.8"||965.69 mi||West||0° 06' 25.5"||7.36 mi||North||965.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 32.6"||797.54 mi||East||2° 09' 48.7"||148.78 mi||North||806.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 1:38 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:38 AM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 12:38 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 11:38 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1313 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:38 AM||3001 km||1865 miles||1620 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 11:38 PM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 11:38 PM||3283 km||2040 miles||1773 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:38 PM||3471 km||2157 miles||1874 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 11:38 PM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Mon 1:38 AM||3483 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.