Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 25, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 25, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.75 meters/second, 1550.7 km/hour, 963.6 miles/hour or 837.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.4"||963.34 mi||West||0° 05' 20.0"||6.11 mi||South||963.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 19.8"||731.67 mi||East||2° 27' 28.5"||169.00 mi||South||755.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kakinada||Sat 5:10 AM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||WNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Sat 5:10 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||N|
|Rajahmundry||Sat 5:10 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||WNW|
|Tadepalligudem||Sat 5:10 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||W|
|Eluru||Sat 5:10 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||W|
|Malkangiri||Sat 5:10 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NW|
|Koraput||Sat 5:10 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||NNW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sat 5:10 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||NE|
|Chennai||Sat 5:10 AM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SW|
|Hyderabad||Sat 5:10 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.