Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.74 meters/second, 1565.1 km/hour, 972.5 miles/hour or 845.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.21 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||south||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.2"||972.37 mi||west||0° 06' 35.7"||7.56 mi||south||972.65 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 35.7"||728.42 mi||east||2° 55' 40.2"||201.29 mi||south||760.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sun 5:40 AM||1388 km||863 miles||750 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sat 6:40 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:40 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:40 AM||1642 km||1020 miles||886 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:40 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 5:40 AM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 7:40 AM||2323 km||1444 miles||1254 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:40 AM||2595 km||1613 miles||1401 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sun 4:40 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1440 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:40 AM||2759 km||1714 miles||1490 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.