Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.13 meters/second, 1570.1 km/hour, 975.6 miles/hour or 847.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 40.6"||975.40 mi||West||0° 06' 59.0"||8.00 mi||South||975.69 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 21.0"||728.08 mi||East||3° 04' 17.0"||211.13 mi||South||762.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Sun 5:10 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||SW|
|Yangon||Sun 6:10 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NE|
|Dawei||Sun 6:10 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||E|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 6:10 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||NE|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 6:10 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||NNE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sun 6:40 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||ENE|
|Bangkok||Sun 6:40 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||E|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 6:40 AM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||NE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sun 6:40 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||E|
|Mandalay||Sun 6:10 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.