Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.16 meters/second, 1570.2 km/hour, 975.7 miles/hour or 847.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 40.7"||975.49 mi||West||0° 06' 59.6"||8.02 mi||South||975.77 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 17.6"||728.08 mi||East||3° 04' 31.0"||211.40 mi||South||762.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Sun 5:20 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSE|
|Yangon||Sun 6:20 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||ENE|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 6:20 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||ENE|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 6:20 AM||768 km||477 miles||414 nm||NE|
|Chittagong||Sun 5:50 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||N|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 6:50 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||NE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sun 5:20 AM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||NW|
|Bangkok||Sun 6:50 AM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||E|
|Mandalay||Sun 6:20 AM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||NNE|
|Khulna||Sun 5:50 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.