Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 12:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.36 meters/second, 1570.9 kilometres/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 41.7"||975.92 mi||West||0° 07' 02.9"||8.08 mi||South||976.21 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 00.7"||728.07 mi||East||3° 05' 41.2"||212.74 mi||South||762.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Srikalahasti||Sun 6:10 AM||35 km||22 miles||19 nm||S|
|Nellore||Sun 6:10 AM||52 km||32 miles||28 nm||NE|
|Tirupati||Sun 6:10 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||SSW|
|Tirumala||Sun 6:10 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||SW|
|Tiruvallur||Sun 6:10 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||SSE|
|Chittoor||Sun 6:10 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||SW|
|Chennai||Sun 6:10 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||SSE|
|Kanchipuram||Sun 6:10 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||S|
|Urapakkam||Sun 6:10 AM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||SSE|
|Vellore||Sun 6:10 AM||142 km||88 miles||76 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.