Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.55 meters/second, 1589.6 km/hour, 987.7 miles/hour or 858.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 00.9"||987.59 mi||West||0° 08' 23.2"||9.61 mi||South||987.87 mi|
|24 hours||10° 46' 34.1"||731.46 mi||East||3° 34' 55.4"||246.18 mi||South||775.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Phnom Penh||Mon 6:40 AM||53 km||33 miles||29 nm||NNW|
|Kampong Chhnang||Mon 6:40 AM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||NNW|
|Cần Thơ||Mon 6:40 AM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||SSE|
|Ho Chi Minh||Mon 6:40 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||ESE|
|Sihanoukville||Mon 6:40 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||WSW|
|Kratié||Mon 6:40 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNE|
|Siem Reap||Mon 6:40 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||NNW|
|Battambang||Mon 6:40 AM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||NW|
|Pakse||Mon 6:40 AM||449 km||279 miles||243 nm||N|
|Nha Trang||Mon 6:40 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.