Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 28, 2013 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 28, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.41 meters/second, 1603.5 kilometres/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 04.1"||996.25 mi||West||0° 09' 20.7"||10.70 mi||South||996.50 mi|
|24 hours||349° 11' 20.6"||740.19 mi||West||3° 55' 04.5"||269.23 mi||South||790.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 7:28 AM||631 km||392 miles||340 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:28 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||SSW|
|Kwajalein||Tue 7:28 AM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:28 AM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:28 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:28 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:28 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 6:28 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Midway||Mon 8:28 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:28 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.