Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.53 meters/second, 1618.3 kilometres/hour, 1005.6 miles/hour or 873.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.5"||1005.48 mi||West||0° 10' 43.4"||12.28 mi||South||1005.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 45.0"||782.48 mi||East||4° 19' 34.4"||297.25 mi||South||836.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:40 AM||2486 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 7:40 AM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 9:40 AM||2867 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 7:40 AM||3391 km||2107 miles||1831 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 7:40 AM||3600 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||SW|
|Hermosillo||Wed 10:40 AM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Wed 12:40 PM||4101 km||2548 miles||2214 nm||SE|
|Los Angeles *||Wed 10:40 AM||4117 km||2558 miles||2223 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:40 AM||4151 km||2579 miles||2241 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Wed 10:40 AM||4337 km||2695 miles||2342 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.