Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.52 meters/second, 1618.3 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.3"||1005.45 mi||West||0° 10' 44.3"||12.30 mi||South||1005.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 52.9"||783.80 mi||East||4° 19' 40.9"||297.38 mi||South||837.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 8:44 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Wed 8:44 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 8:44 AM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 7:44 AM||2522 km||1567 miles||1362 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 8:44 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 8:44 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 6:44 AM||2887 km||1794 miles||1559 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 7:44 AM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 6:44 AM||3492 km||2170 miles||1885 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 10:44 AM||3559 km||2211 miles||1922 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.