Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 7:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.50 meters/second, 1618.2 kilometres/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.7"||1005.41 mi||West||0° 10' 45.3"||12.32 mi||South||1005.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 08.7"||785.26 mi||East||4° 19' 46.6"||297.48 mi||South||839.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Thu 8:54 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 8:54 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:54 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||W|
|Howland Island||Wed 7:54 AM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:54 AM||1113 km||692 miles||601 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:54 AM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 9:54 AM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:54 AM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 8:54 AM||2123 km||1319 miles||1147 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 7:54 AM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.