Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 19:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.50 meters/second, 1618.2 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.76 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||south||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.7"||1005.41 mi||west||0° 10' 45.3"||12.32 mi||south||1005.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 10.0"||785.28 mi||east||4° 19' 46.6"||297.48 mi||south||839.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Thu 8:54 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:54 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:54 AM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:54 AM||1181 km||734 miles||637 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 9:54 AM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:54 AM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 8:54 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 7:54 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 7:54 AM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 8:54 AM||2473 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.