Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.61 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.0"||1003.39 mi||West||0° 10' 51.0"||12.42 mi||South||1003.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 26.4"||806.51 mi||East||4° 18' 03.6"||295.54 mi||South||856.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 8:40 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||WSW|
|Natal||Thu 8:40 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 9:40 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Thu 8:40 AM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Thu 8:40 AM||1140 km||708 miles||616 nm||S|
|Belém||Thu 8:40 AM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||W|
|Brasilia *||Thu 9:40 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Thu 8:40 AM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 8:40 AM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 9:40 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.