Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.07 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.0"||1002.19 mi||West||0° 10' 50.0"||12.41 mi||South||1002.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 23.2"||813.77 mi||East||4° 16' 16.9"||293.51 mi||South||862.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 10:40 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||E|
|Acapulco||Thu 10:40 AM||2500 km||1553 miles||1350 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Thu 11:40 AM||2582 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||S|
|Mexico City||Thu 10:40 AM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 10:40 AM||2893 km||1798 miles||1562 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 10:40 AM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 10:40 AM||3089 km||1919 miles||1668 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 10:40 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 10:40 AM||3171 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Thu 10:40 AM||3231 km||2008 miles||1745 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.