Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 5:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.97 meters/second, 1612.7 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.4"||1001.96 mi||West||0° 10' 49.7"||12.40 mi||South||1001.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 34.8"||815.00 mi||East||4° 15' 55.3"||293.10 mi||South||863.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 9:30 AM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 12:30 PM||2864 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 7:30 AM||3431 km||2132 miles||1852 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 11:30 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Thu 11:30 AM||3543 km||2201 miles||1913 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 10:30 AM||3814 km||2370 miles||2060 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 11:30 AM||3965 km||2464 miles||2141 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 11:30 AM||4046 km||2514 miles||2185 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:30 AM||4058 km||2522 miles||2191 nm||W|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 10:30 AM||4213 km||2618 miles||2275 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.