Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.95 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.8"||1001.92 mi||West||0° 10' 49.7"||12.40 mi||South||1001.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 49.2"||815.25 mi||East||4° 15' 51.0"||293.02 mi||South||863.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 9:40 AM||2436 km||1514 miles||1315 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 12:40 PM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 7:40 AM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 11:40 AM||3732 km||2319 miles||2015 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:40 AM||3793 km||2357 miles||2048 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 11:40 AM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Thu 10:40 AM||3900 km||2424 miles||2106 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 11:40 AM||4197 km||2608 miles||2266 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 10:40 AM||4243 km||2637 miles||2291 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Thu 11:40 AM||4284 km||2662 miles||2313 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.