Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.83 meters/second, 1612.2 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.6"||1001.64 mi||West||0° 10' 49.3"||12.39 mi||South||1001.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 16.3"||816.73 mi||East||4° 15' 23.6"||292.49 mi||South||864.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 9:10 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 8:40 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 8:40 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 10:40 AM||2477 km||1539 miles||1338 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 8:40 AM||3001 km||1865 miles||1620 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 8:40 AM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:40 AM||3687 km||2291 miles||1991 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 7:40 AM||3818 km||2372 miles||2061 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 8:40 AM||3834 km||2382 miles||2070 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 1:40 PM||3988 km||2478 miles||2153 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.