Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.32 meters/second, 1606.7 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.5"||998.24 mi||West||0° 10' 41.7"||12.25 mi||South||998.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 30.4"||831.97 mi||East||4° 09' 21.4"||285.60 mi||South||875.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Fri 10:40 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||WSW|
|Addu City||Fri 9:40 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||NNW|
|Male||Fri 9:40 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 10:10 AM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Fri 10:10 AM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 10:10 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||N|
|Madurai||Fri 10:10 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||N|
|Bengaluru||Fri 10:10 AM||2090 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||N|
|Chennai||Fri 10:10 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||N|
|Victoria||Fri 8:40 AM||2350 km||1460 miles||1269 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.