Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 11:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 11:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.03 meters/second, 1602.1 km/hour, 995.5 miles/hour or 865.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 05.2"||995.35 mi||West||0° 10' 32.9"||12.08 mi||South||995.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 36.9"||842.68 mi||East||4° 03' 38.2"||279.07 mi||South||883.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Fri 8:30 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 8:30 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||W|
|Salvador||Fri 8:30 AM||1866 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Fri 11:30 AM||1974 km||1226 miles||1066 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Fri 11:30 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Fri 11:30 AM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Fri 11:30 AM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||NNE|
|Bissau||Fri 11:30 AM||2234 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Fri 11:30 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Fri 10:30 AM||2439 km||1516 miles||1317 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.