Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.79 meters/second, 1601.2 kilometres/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.6"||994.82 mi||West||0° 10' 31.1"||12.05 mi||South||994.69 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 33.5"||844.52 mi||East||4° 02' 31.5"||277.80 mi||South||884.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 9:40 AM||17 km||10 miles||9 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:40 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||NNE|
|Maceió||Fri 9:40 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||ESE|
|Natal||Fri 9:40 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Fri 9:40 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||E|
|Salvador||Fri 9:40 AM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||S|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 10:40 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Fri 9:40 AM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 10:40 AM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 10:40 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.