Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.79 meters/second, 1601.2 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.6"||994.88 mi||west||0° 10' 31.0"||12.05 mi||south||994.75 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 35.5"||844.61 mi||east||4° 02' 30.4"||277.80 mi||south||884.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 9:40 AM||47 km||29 miles||25 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:40 AM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||NNE|
|Maceió||Fri 9:40 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Natal||Fri 9:40 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Fri 9:40 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||E|
|Salvador||Fri 9:40 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 10:40 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Fri 9:40 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 10:40 AM||1294 km||804 miles||698 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 10:40 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.