Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 3:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 15:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.15 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 48.9"||993.38 mi||West||0° 10' 26.0"||11.95 mi||South||993.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 37.1"||849.27 mi||East||3° 59' 29.1"||274.33 mi||South||887.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Loja||Fri 10:40 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 10:40 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 10:40 AM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||SE|
|Portoviejo||Fri 10:40 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Fri 10:40 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 9:40 AM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||NW|
|Cali||Fri 10:40 AM||1436 km||892 miles||776 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 11:40 AM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||E|
|Bogota||Fri 10:40 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||NE|
|Medellin||Fri 10:40 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.