Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.96 meters/second, 1598.3 km/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.6"||992.96 mi||west||0° 10' 24.4"||11.92 mi||south||992.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 04.3"||850.62 mi||east||3° 58' 34.4"||273.28 mi||south||888.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 10:30 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 11:30 AM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 11:30 AM||2048 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Fri 11:30 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1107 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Fri 10:30 AM||2339 km||1453 miles||1263 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 10:30 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 10:30 AM||2492 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 10:30 AM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Fri 11:30 AM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 11:30 AM||2581 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.