Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.93 meters/second, 1598.2 kilometres/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.0"||992.89 mi||West||0° 10' 24.1"||11.91 mi||South||992.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 19.4"||850.86 mi||East||3° 58' 24.9"||273.10 mi||South||889.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 10:40 AM||1171 km||728 miles||633 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 11:40 AM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 11:40 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 11:40 AM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||ESE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 11:40 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||SSW|
|San Jose||Fri 10:40 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1337 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 10:40 AM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 10:40 AM||2568 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 10:40 AM||2616 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 10:40 AM||2694 km||1674 miles||1454 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.