Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.93 meters/second, 1598.1 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.9"||992.95 mi||west||0° 10' 24.1"||11.91 mi||south||992.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 21.4"||850.95 mi||east||3° 58' 23.7"||273.10 mi||south||889.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 10:40 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 11:40 AM||2073 km||1288 miles||1120 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 11:40 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 11:40 AM||2307 km||1433 miles||1246 nm||ESE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 11:40 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
|San Jose||Fri 10:40 AM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 10:40 AM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 10:40 AM||2579 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 10:40 AM||2625 km||1631 miles||1418 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 10:40 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.