Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.52 meters/second, 1596.7 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 37.6"||991.96 mi||West||0° 10' 20.6"||11.85 mi||South||991.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 28.0"||853.77 mi||East||3° 56' 22.2"||270.76 mi||South||890.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 10:30 AM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:30 PM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 8:30 AM||2951 km||1833 miles||1593 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:30 AM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:30 PM||3901 km||2424 miles||2106 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Fri 8:30 AM||4095 km||2544 miles||2211 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 12:30 PM||4107 km||2552 miles||2217 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 11:30 AM||4371 km||2716 miles||2360 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:30 PM||4482 km||2785 miles||2420 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 12:30 PM||4553 km||2829 miles||2458 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.