Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.52 meters/second, 1596.7 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 37.6"||991.96 mi||west||0° 10' 20.6"||11.85 mi||south||991.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 28.0"||853.77 mi||east||3° 56' 22.2"||270.76 mi||south||890.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 10:30 AM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:30 PM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Fri 8:30 AM||2951 km||1834 miles||1593 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:30 AM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:30 PM||3901 km||2424 miles||2106 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Fri 8:30 AM||4095 km||2544 miles||2211 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 12:30 PM||4107 km||2552 miles||2217 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 11:30 AM||4369 km||2715 miles||2359 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:30 PM||4482 km||2785 miles||2420 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 12:30 PM||4553 km||2829 miles||2458 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.