Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.48 meters/second, 1596.5 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 36.8"||991.93 mi||west||0° 10' 20.2"||11.84 mi||south||991.78 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 47.3"||854.12 mi||east||3° 56' 09.5"||270.54 mi||south||891.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 10:40 AM||1883 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 8:40 AM||2679 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:40 PM||2763 km||1717 miles||1492 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:40 AM||3586 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 8:40 AM||3825 km||2377 miles||2065 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:40 PM||4193 km||2605 miles||2264 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Fri 12:40 PM||4310 km||2678 miles||2327 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:40 PM||4731 km||2940 miles||2555 nm||ENE|
|Honolulu||Fri 8:40 AM||4732 km||2940 miles||2555 nm||NW|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 11:40 AM||4779 km||2969 miles||2580 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.