Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.24 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||south||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 32.8"||991.34 mi||west||0° 10' 18.2"||11.80 mi||south||991.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 30.9"||855.65 mi||east||3° 54' 59.7"||269.19 mi||south||892.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 10:10 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 9:40 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:40 AM||2131 km||1324 miles||1151 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 11:40 AM||2173 km||1350 miles||1174 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:40 AM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:40 AM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 8:40 AM||3312 km||2058 miles||1788 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 9:40 AM||3390 km||2106 miles||1830 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 9:40 AM||3773 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||NNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:40 AM||3907 km||2427 miles||2109 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.