Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 1, 2013 at 10:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 1, 2013 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.53 meters/second, 1593.1 km/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 20.4"||989.74 mi||West||0° 10' 11.6"||11.68 mi||South||989.58 mi|
|24 hours||347° 24' 17.9"||860.38 mi||West||3° 51' 20.8"||265.02 mi||South||895.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sat 10:40 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||E|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 10:40 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||N|
|Labasa *||Sat 11:40 AM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||SSE|
|Lautoka *||Sat 11:40 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||SSE|
|Nadi *||Sat 11:40 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||S|
|Suva *||Sat 11:40 AM||1049 km||652 miles||567 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:40 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Sat 9:40 AM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:40 AM||1346 km||837 miles||727 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Sat 10:40 AM||1347 km||837 miles||728 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.